Welcome to the greatest show in the multiverse! Strap yourself in for a rip-roaring rocket ship ride through the Nerd-O-Mania Nebula… Whoosh! From the backroom of Altair City Spaceport’s Rocket Tavern, the Captain presents the UK show for the pop culture geek, technology nerd, and creative wizard. He discusses enjoying and creating science fiction, fantasy, and horror entertainment, in the form of books, comics, movies, TV, games, and toys. An inveterate tinkerer (you have to be to run this old tub), he also talks about whatever happens to catch his tech mad fancy. Produced using alien technology, eldritch powers, and caffeinated beverages since July 2012.
Blast off into the Infinite Ocean of Weird. Oh avast.
- Subscription Shore
- Admiralty Archives
- Abyssal Appz
- Supporters Shell Grotto
- Contact Canal
- Guest Galleon
- Qrew Quarters
- History Harbour
- Syndication Sea
- Sponsor Sluice
- Awards Archipelago
- Legal Lagoon
Subscribe and listen the very latest glub from the Captain’s tub via a vast variety of services, devices, feeds and aggregators.
- Plain Old Directory Listing
- Google Play Music
- Feed Burner
- Pocket Casts
- Doctor Who Podcast Alliance
- Podcast Blaster
- My Yahoo
- Microsoft Zune
Audiosear.ch Podcat Daily Splice Podcasts.com Podcastdirectory.com Miro
Aye matey, this be the Davey Jones’ Locker of old episodes:
- Archive.org (coming soon… eventually… maybe… oh, who knows?)
Recommended podcast listening apps:
- AntennaPod Android (Use with caution, and backup to OPML file, as upgrades can wipe settings).
- VLC Win/Mac/Lin (Cannot import OPML backup file from other programs).
- Overcast (Not Open Source)
Shop or Support
If you like the show and want to support it, you can:
- Show your appreciation with a review in iTunes.
- Donate via PayPal or Patreon (coming soon).
- Enter The Shop of Merch and buy tangible stuff in return for your cold, hard cash.
Namaste. Get in touch if you want to be on the show, and can stand not being paid with anything more than good karma. Some potential guests, or their agents, have actually asked for payment. Needless to say, they did not make the cut. The temerity!
You will need a quiet space, and I will require your undivided attention for a minimum of twenty minutes.* It is also absolutely vital that you publicize your participation in the show using your own social media, because if a tree falls in a forest… etc.
*The guest spot may be cancelled if good sound is unobtainable.
- Steven Sterlacchini and Stephen Green, Filmmakers, Judge Minty and Search/Destroy: A Strontium Dog Fan Film, episode 173.
- Richard Mason, 2000 AD fan and electronics geek, episode 129.
- Tom Walton, musician and friend of the show, episodes 105, 106, 107, 110, 112, 117, 119, 122, 127, 131, 134 and 160.
- Sophie Aldred, Doctor Who‘s “Ace” actress, Tree Fu Tom, and singer etc., episode 99.
- Huw Collingbourne, tech journalist, Computer Shopper, PC World etc., and author, episode 98.
- Shayne T. Wright, science fiction, horror, and techno thriller indie author, episode 96
- Christopher Fowler, author of Roofworld, Psychoville, the Bryant and May series etc., episode 84.
- Dave Strand, indie developer of audio interactive fiction, episode 82.
- Chris Townsend, actor, episode 81.
- Dean Motter, artist and creator of Mister X, episode 79.
- Anthonia Ngozi Beddall, TV producer, and Alpha, indie filmmaker, episode 78.
- Pierre Drolet, Emmy award winning CGI modeller, BSG, Star Trek: Voyager, Enterprise and Nemesis, episode 70.
- Kitty Horrorshow, indie games developer, episode 68.
- Andy Robb, actor and author of the Geekhood series, episodes 64 and 69.
- Scott Grandison, developer and podcaster, episodes 13, 14 and 17.
Meet the capable crew cruising the space lanes of the imagination.
The Captain! Presenter.
“Doctor… Who? Pah! I am the Captain! Sherbet lemon? Now step into my wardrobe. What? Yes, of course it’s smaller on the inside you blithering idiot!”
The Captain is an adventurer, rock star, and supervillain with a penchant for G&Ts, C7H10N4O2, and insanely loud music. His exploits usually involve arriving just in time to save the multiverse, or thoroughly bugger it up (it’s apparently some sort of quantum super positional thingy), in a vimāna shaped like a wardrobe shaped like a golden age rocket ship.
NB/ Contrary to the wanted posters vile, vicious, and wholly unfounded rumours, he is not a multi-tentacled cyborg from the 27th dimension (at least not completely).
Ably assisted by:
- Horsey Network Manager (Noblest of equines)
- Boris Executive Producer (Strong, stalwart, sinister, and oh so silent)
- Roy Mathur Producer and Editor (Mild mannered reporter)
- Igor Studio Manager and Butler*
- Ygor Sound Engineer and 1st Henchman*
- Fritz Studio Runner and 2nd Henchman*
- Ratty and Bumbles Mascots (Suspiciously sentient siblings)
(*The TRIPLETS of Evil. Take that Hammer!)
I started the podcast in 2012 because there was very little that encompassed the broad range of the UK geek experience, and if I didn’t have anything to listen to, I’d damn well make it myself.
Although based in the UK, the podcast wherever life takes me, including an early temporary relocation to Mauritius where I was working as a technology columnist for a national newspaper.
The show has been variously titled, in reverse chronological order Roy’s Rocket Radio, neRRRdcast, and Captain Roy’s Rusty Rocket Radio Show.
Syndication, Aggregation, T&Cs
Please get in touch if you represent any organization on this actual plane of reality interested in advertising with us. Until then our sponsors are:
- The Royal Mail Service of Garudastan: “Delivery by dragon!”
- Garudastan Air: “Fly the dragon friendly skies with Garudastan Air.”
Awards and Honours
We have been awarded with the following unique honours:
- By Royal Appointment to His Royal Highness King Rajah C of Garudastan for excellence in broadcasting, 2012.
- Freedom of the City of Grand Cabaret, Mauritius, 2016.
Wherein we deny all responsibility, bury our heads in the sand, stick fingers in our ears, hum loudly, and shout “We can’t hear you, We can’t hear you!”
NB/ Within the remainder of this section, this audio podcast show is henceforth referred to as THE PODCAST.
WARNING: THE PODCAST is classified as seditious by the Supreme Council of Gallifrey, the United Federation of Planets, and other tin-pot bureaucracies. Possession is punishable either: to be “banished to endless imprisonment in the Phantom Zone” or “cast into the Pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all-powerful Sarlacc.”
DISCLAIMER: By listening to THE PODCAST, you agree not to hold THE PODCAST responsible for any resultant damages including, though not limited to, legal prosecution or litigation in all systems of law, loss of limb, life, or causation of apocalyptic-scale events within the multiverse, or the time stream of past, present, future, and any other dimensions that may or may not exist. Suck on that Shadow Proclamation, Imperial Agents, and Section 31.