Pop Culture, Technology, Creative
Pure and Unadulterated 100% Geek. Consume with Caution.
If you are new to the show, almost every week, I give you the rundown on all that is gloriously geeky here in the UK.
- Back again!
- Recorded in my giant, fluffy, grey, hooded dressing gown that makes me look like some kind of Doom Drone nut.
- Apologies for sound (AKA gear porn section) in last couple of shows, due to using the wrong cans. I used the comfy Philips SHP1900, but (tip) you get a wider frequency band using the equally cheap JVC HA-S160-W. The slight reverb in today’s show is from recording on a Sony PCM-M10 with omni-directional condenser stereo mics in my bedroom, rather than the usual cardioid dynamic mic (Behringer XM8500) plugged into a Yamaha MG606 mixer in my studio.
- Nasal? Breathy? Yes, I have a cold AND my allergies are playing up… huzzah!
- The geek dating episode? That’s coming too; I haven’t forgotten or chickened out.
- *Since it’s my first podcast in a while, the mic-fear got me and I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed watching the first episode of Doctor Who Series 10 with a huge bunch of EasterCon geeks on three giant screens before leaving.