…and some I’m also guilty of committing:
- Articles with “Why You Should…” in the title.
- Articles with “N Reasons Why You Should…” in the title.
- Any “Top N Things” type listicle articles. (GUILTY!)
- Statistically unprovable rating schemes with “N out of N” stars, skulls etc… (GUILTY!)
- The use of “disconnect” as a noun.
- Overuse of the exclamation mark. (GUILTY!!!)
- Using “that said” instead of “however.” (GUILTY!)
- Content mill clowns.
- Confusing journalistic reporting with activism or marketing.
- Talking about writing instead of writing. (GUILTY!)
- Ghostwritten celebrity columns…
- …a group well-known for whining about hacks.
- Requests for time-sensitive speculative articles.
- Most editors, publishers and owners. (GUILTY, GUILTY and GUILTY!)
- Sub-editors with bad grammar.
- Late-payers and non-payers.
- Time-consuming applications for journalism jobs. Cuttings and reels are sufficient.
- “noreply” e-mail addresses. Would you really prefer a nude visit in the flesh (so to speak)?
- Writers who whine about everything. (GUILTY!)
- Fellow bloggers who are gits. (occasionally git-ish myself, so… GUILTY!)
- Narcissism posing as gonzo. Or gonzo passing as narcissism.
Top image via Ransom Note Generator