Finally gave in and tried Stella Artois’s Cidre. Verdict- not terrible.
Captain Roy’s International Cider Ratings
- Some* west country scrumpys: 4 chainsaws (UK)
- Okanagan Springs Apple Cider: 4 chainsaws (Canada)
- Stella Artois Cidre: 3 chainsaws (Belgium)
- Anything from Bulmers: 2 chainsaws (UK)
- Phoenix Cider: 1 chainsaw (Mauritius, way too much sugar, come on guys, you really need to try harder!)
*“some”, because some scrumpys will also make you go blind. Never trust something that comes from a dusty barrel hidden behind the bar.
Now I’m getting back to my “chalice”. Hic. Oh and the end of MI3.