- Feed the demon of typomania and write more, and get published. DONE. Self-published on Kindle, other books in the works too.
- Learn on ANY DAMN INSTRUMENT how to play Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D minor.
- Improve my child-like drawing and painting into something at least competent.
- Learn one martial art really well, as opposed to the few I know badly. Tai Chi perhaps? DONE! Tai Chi taster attended as well as regular classes. Now on hiatus.
- Read more. DONE. But it’s never ending.
- Listen to more music.
- Watch more films. DONE! So many, I’m burnt out. 2017-10-28
- Get a piratey back tattoo.
- Museum of Instruments at the Royal College of Music in London
- Cirque Du Soleil
- Burning Man
- Carnival in New Orleans
- Carnival in Rio
- Performance of baroque music at St Martin-in-the-Fields, London
- Swan Lake performance by the Bolshoi
- Any Shakespeare play at the Globe in London
- The Mouse Trap play in London
- Venetian Lent Mask Festival
- Turandot by Giacomo Puccini
- Mid-Summer’s night performance of A Mid-Summer Night’s Dream
- Comicon. DONE. Went to EasterCon and Summer MCM London Comic Con in 2017
- See an Imax movie. DONE, I saw Polar Express.
- Learn passable French, Arabic, Hindi, Swahili, perfect Sanskrit, read ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics, and improve my Creole.
- Arctic Circle.
- Silk Road across Asia.
- Kite surfing lesson.
- Learn to SCUBA dive. DONE. I’m a CMAS One Star Diver!
- Learn to rock climb. DONE. One indoor lesson.
- Take part in a local archery contest in Mongolia.
- Shoot firearms at a firing range. DONE.
- Sail around the world and circumnavigate both poles.
- Go caving.
- Epic canoe journey.
- Visit the Sahara. DONE. Twice!
- Learn to ride a motorcycle.
- The Seven Wonders of the World.
- Great Pyramid at Giza. DONE.
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon.
- Statue of Zeus at Olympia.
- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus.
- Mausoleum of Halicarnassus.
- Colossus of Rhodes. DONE. (I think)
- Lighthouse of Alexandria.
- Nazca Lines in Peru.
- RRR212 Dumb TV, Rich White Men Flee Doomed Earth, Burn the Trees! 2018-06-19I Bought an Idiot Box (TV), The Heat or Watch How I Bask in Global Warming, Destroy Trees Say Network Rail, Alastair Reynolds's Slow Bullets, Ross Armstrong's Head Case, Overblown Faff About Google Duplex
- RRR211 Elon Blows Tesla's Gasket 2018-05-07Dealing with Stuff. Some Pah! Some Yah! Kiss Me First, Guerrilla, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Game Night, Star Wars Day, My 7 Years On Twitter and Other Problems, Gmail Changes, YouTube Changes, Elon Blows Tesla's Gasket, Archive.org is OK, But Also a Total Pain, Wikipedia's Problem With Sneaky Far Right Bias, Torlock.com, QuickVB, GDPR, Facebook Dating […]
- RRR210 Robots of the World, Unite! 2018-05-05Happy May Day! Brexit Screwing London as World Financial Centre, The Handmaid's Tale, Westworld, Romance Scammers on Dragon Fruit, Facebook Announces Dating Service at F8, Toxicity at David Gage's Quantum Dream, Killer Robots UK, Robot Bat, Westworld Fred, 4 Chan Still Hosting Friends of Incel Murderers, CityFibre Addendum, Reuter's Reporters […]
- RRR212 Dumb TV, Rich White Men Flee Doomed Earth, Burn the Trees! 2018-06-19
- My Tweets
“Doctor… Who? Pah! I am the Captain! Sherbet lemon? Now step into my wardrobe. What? Yes, of course it’s smaller on the inside you blithering idiot!”—The Captain!
“There’s Ed, Op Ed, Op, and then there’s this blog.”—The Captain!
“Well done son, keep it up!”—The Captain’s Mum
“People will think you’re a nerd.”—The Captain’s Dad
“I hate this!”—vox populi
“I don’t care.”—The Captain!
“Who the Hell is the Captain anyway?”—Roy Mathur
“The Captain is not an adventurer, rock star and supervillain with a penchant for G&Ts, C7H10N4O2 and insanely loud music. His exploits do not usually involve arriving just in time to save the multiverse (or thoroughly bugger it up) in a Vimana shaped like a wardrobe. And, contrary to the wanted posters, he is certainly not a multi-tentacled cyborg from the 27th dimension.”—Anonymous
“Finally an honest review…great!”—Shayne T. Wright
- 25,084 hits
Copyright©2009-2018 Roy Mathur
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Roy Mathur and RoyMathur.Wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.